'Tis the season for a wreath shaped cheese board! With veges, fruits, cheeses, bagel chips and more piled on, this is the ultimate holiday charcuterie sure to impress your friends and family.
THE BAGEL CHIPS:
- 4 Everything Sourdough Bagels
- 4 Classic Sourdough Bagels
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Brie or camembert cheese
- Havarti cheese
- Small mozzarella balls
$6.49 incl. GST — available on subscription from $6.49 incl. GST / week
$6.99 incl. GST — available on subscription
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Thinly slice the bagel into small pieces and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Toss sliced bagel pieces with olive oil and season with salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Transfer bagels onto the baking tray and arrange bagel pieces in a single layer (bake in two batches if needed) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the chips are golden. Remove bagel chips from the oven and allow to cool down slightly before handling. The chips will become crispier as they cool down.
Wreath Charcuterie Assembly:
- Prepare your fruit and vegetables by washing and lightly drying. Slice tomatoes and strawberries. Carefully cut some rosemary sprigs. Cut brie cheese into quarters and Havarti into slices.
- Create layers of different ingredients or groups of ingredients around a large round serving platter, leaving room in the middle to create the wreath look. For our charcuterie we created some grouped ingredient layers of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries, also layers of mozzarella balls and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Make sure you have two layers of bagel chips on opposite sides of the charcuterie and create a balance of sweet and savoury layers. If you get stuck on how to layer the ingredients use the photos of our wreath as a guide!
- Place fresh basil leaves strategically around the wreath. Consider tucking them between the cheese and berries for added flavor. Fill any gaps with additional berries or herbs to create a full and lush wreath.
- Set the wreath-shaped charcuterie board on the table, and enjoy the vibrant colors, textures, and flavors with friends and family!